Integrated Service Digital Network Primary Rate Interface (ISDN PRI) is configured with 23 bi-directional B (Bearer) channels and one D (Data) channel enabling a total transmission speed of up to 1.536Mbps. Unique to ISDN PRI is its ability to designate the D channel to handle all of the signaling and call control requirements and leave the remaining 23 B channels free for voice, data, or a combination of voice and data on the PRI.
Unlike analog trunk lines, PRI offers Caller ID delivery, which provides name and number information from the calling party. ISDN PRI is a standard all digital access technology that allows for simultaneous, integrated voice and data capabilities over standard existing telephone lines and PBX phone systems. ISDN PRI offers an array of value-added features, such as:
- The ability to assign individual telephone numbers to each work station or desk in blocks of 20 DID’s, it is very common to have 40-100 DID telephone numbers assigned to single PRI
50% savings when compared to traditional analog telephone lines
- The ability to provide voice and data Internet traffic over one T1 circuit instead of having a separate voice and data T1
- Leverage advanced features to support call center applications, or to extend the life and value of an existing PBX system, while reducing call set-up and connection time by up to 90%
- Dynamically allocate channels to adapt to changes in traffic patterns and increase trunking efficiency by up to 35%
- Use your existing infrastructure to enable all digital, high-speed voice and data applications that increase productivity