If a business owner were to be asked what he seeks from his communications technology, the chances are pretty high that he will list the following important aspects:
- High speed
- ‘Always on’ Internet access
- Scalability and flexibility and
- Great value in terms of cost versus benefits.
Of course, there are plenty of other important aspects that a business owner considers but the above important ones are the main reasons why most businesses go in for T1 Solutions for their network landscape.
Service providers and features offered
Depending on the service provider that you choose, you are likely to get some incredibly useful and reliable T1 Solutions. This can include features such as the following:
- Direct inward dialing for employees
- Simpler management of telephone systems
- Redundant network which means that a business organization can enjoy high availability and
- A combination of either data only or voice only or integrated services.
The biggest advantage of T1 Solutions is that they are immensely flexible. For instance, you can choose to use the number of channels provided to you by the service provider for either voice alone operations or integrate voice and data operations. You can also choose from a ‘stand-alone’ T1 line which will give you a speed of 1.5 megabits per second or you can choose bonded T1 lines which will give you higher speeds.
One of the reasons why T1 Solutions are more popular with business organizations is that the cost high your diet technologies such as DSL when it comes to Internet access. However, business organizations do need a reliable and available network. For this, they do not mind shelling out a higher cost. Therefore, it is likely that you will find T1 line is being deployed primarily as a business product. Typically, a T1 connection can even start from as low as $200 per month.
This is one of the strongest features of T1 Solutions. Service providers are able to give some amazing performance guarantees which can include:
- 99.999% uptime
- A robust service level agreement or SLA
- Free installations and maintenance
- Constant network monitoring
- Instant scalability should you require more speed and
- Bundled services for voice and data which could bring about huge cost savings in your telephone calls.
It may also be worthwhile to check whether the service provider is able to guarantee the full range of 1.54 megabits per second symmetrical T1 Internet access.
Size of your business and Internet requirements
More often than not, ideally you should go in for robust T1 Solutions when the size of your business is medium but you do need a fairly large number of Internet access points. T1 lines are capable of handling a direct connection between the broadband service provider and your business organization or premises. This makes this technology a stable and reliable one when it comes to Internet connectivity.